We have enabled a new feature on our patient portal that allows patients and caregivers to schedule sick appointments online!
What is appropriate to schedule via this online tool?
- Immediate, non-emergency illnesses or injuries: (new fever, sore throat, stomach bug, ear pain, mild injury that doesn’t need stitches or a cast)
- Short term flare-ups of chronic conditions (asthma flare, allergies, eczema, etc).
- Only for established patients who have been seen in past 3 years
What is NOT appropriate?:
- Chronic or long-term complicated issues: (chronic headache, chronic stomachaches, other chronic illnesses)
- Psychological or learning issues: (anxiety, depression, attention problems, behavior problems)
- Checkup visits
- Medication recheck visits (such as ADD recheck, anxiety medication recheck, etc).
- Emergencies, or visits that may need stitches or a cast
- New patients, or patients who have not been seen in past 3 years
(Appointments for the above problems can still be requested via a portal message, but will need the assistance of a receptionist to schedule to ensure they are done correctly.)
- Log into the patient portal
- Make sure you are in the chart of the child who needs the appointment – click on the drop-down on the upper left to switch between children.
- Click on the button.
- Click on the drop down shown below and pick “Sick Visit”
- In the screen that comes up, there will be drop-down options to filter by doctor and location. The provider drop-down will show only those doctors who your child has seen since switching to our new software, so to see all doctor options leave that as “No Preference.”
- Click on a date and time, add a description of the current problem to the Notes text box, then click Schedule Appointment.