We’ll soon be moving to an all-electronic check-in process. It’s simple and easy, and you’ll be able to do it in advance, in the quiet and privacy of your home. Before your child’s appointment you’ll get a text or email with a link that will take you to the electronic forms. If you prefer, you can complete them in the office after you arrive. These electronic “forms” can be done on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Some advantages of electronic check-in:
- You can do them in advance at home, so you don’t have to fiddle with all of forms while you’re in the office. You’ll be able to enter your questions and concerns, without feeling rushed or distracted.
- You’ll only have to fill out items that are necessary (for instance, insurance companies require certain disclosures once every 12 months. If you’ve already signed off on those within that time period, you won’t be asked again.)
- Answers that don’t typically change from year to year will be “sticky”, and your previous answers will already be there the next time you get the form. You’ll be given an opportunity to put in new information, but if nothing has changed you won’t have to repeat your answers.
- All of your answers will instantly, automatically, and correctly appear in your electronic record.
- Electronic submissions help protect privacy. We won’t have paper forms that can be mislaid. As a bonus, it’s better for the environment to not have paper to shred.
Thank you so much for all of your feedback and the reviews you’ve been posting to social media. We’re listening, and you’re helping us become a better practice. Other projects are in the works, too, based on what you’ve told us is important to you. Stay tuned!