We now offer Telehealth visits via a secure, HIPAA compliant video connection! These are by appointment only, so click the button below, send us a portal message, or call us to get an appointment time.
Prior to your appointment time, you’ll get a text or email with a confirmation link. Please click on that to confirm your appointment. That will also allow you to easily complete required insurance and privacy forms, if necessary.
At your Telehealth appointment time, use this link in your smartphone or PC/Laptop browser:
When prompted for a name to enter, please use your CHILD’S FULL NAME.
All “Telemedicine” visits will be charged at the same rates as in-person visits at our office. Your insurance should cover these visits identically, and you may be responsible for any co-pays, deductibles, or co-insurance as per your plan.
Not all health concerns can be managed via a telemedicine encounter. We will do our best to help your child in the best way, and that may require us to ask you to bring your child into our office for an in-person evaluation. Scroll to the bottom of this page for more details on the kinds of problems we can address though this Telehealth service and for additional important information in our TERMS OF SERVICE at the bottom of this page.
- Cold symptoms like cough or runny nose, without noisy breathing, breathing problems, prolonged fever, or ear pain
- Seasonal allergy symptoms like congestion, sneezing, itchy nose, and itchy eyes
- Fever, if taking fluids well AND acting well after fever medicine
- Suspected sinus infections in older kids (>5 years old)
- Behavioral / mental health concerns (non urgent)
- ADHD med followup (where there isn’t a concern for weight loss, and child has already been seen in last six months)
- Mild rashes / acne / skin lesions / warts
- Mild injuries / lacerations / burns / abrasions
- Pinkeye in older kids (>2 years old)
- Diarrhea / vomiting (mild)
- Simple, single health concerns
- Sore throat without congestion (may need strep test)
- Ear pain
- Wheezing, noisy breathing, or breathing problems
- Swelling / lumps / abscess / lymph nodes
- Prolonged fever
- Pinkeye in younger kids
- Abdominal pain (other than constipation)
- Concussion / Dizziness / Fainting / Neurological problems
- Fussy baby
- Growth / weight gain concerns
- Rechecks that require blood pressure (birth control pills, BP recheck, etc)
- Multiple or complicated issues
Telehealth technology will be used to connect me with a provider from our practice. I understand that this encounter will not be the same as a direct patient/health care provider visit. I will not be in the same room as my health care provider. I understand that during this encounter my health care provider cannot use devices such as a stethoscope or otoscope or other peripheral devices to assist in the examination. A full, comprehensive examination is not possible under these circumstances.
There are potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access and technical difficulties. My health care provider or I can discontinue the telehealth appointment if it is felt that the videoconferencing connections are not adequate for the situation. I understand that I can discontinue the telehealth appointment at any time
My healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the appointment other than my healthcare provider and specialty health care provider in order to operate the equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. You will be informed of their presence during the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telehealth examination room; and/or (3) terminate the telehealth appointment at any time. Reasonable and appropriate efforts have been made to eliminate any confidentiality risks associated with the telemedicine encounter, and all existing confidentiality protections under federal and Georgia state law apply to information disclosed during this encounter.
Not all medical problems can be addressed through Telehealth. We may need to have you bring your child to see us in person for a proper evaluation.
Billing for the telehealth visit will be at the same rates as an in-person visit to our office. You will be responsible for any copays, co-insurance, or deductibles as per your insurance contract.
All existing laws regarding your access to medical information and copies of your medical record apply to this telemedicine encounter. Not all communications are recorded or stored.
You may withhold or withdraw consent to the telemedicine encounter at any time without affecting your right to future care or treatment.
You agree that any dispute arriving from the telemedicine encounter will be resolved in Georgia, and that Georgia law will apply to all disputes.
By participating in a Telehealth encounter, you consent to participate in a telehealth appointment visit under these terms.