Pediatric Physicians, PC is a friendly and welcoming medical practice for your children. Our two offices in Alpharetta and Roswell are staffed by devoted, board-certified pediatricians, practicing the best state-of-the-art pediatric care from newborns to teens, including a 100% commitment to keep your children up to date on vaccines.
We’re easy to reach by telephone–no annoying phone tree!–and there’s plenty of free parking right at the doors of both offices. Same-day sick appointments are always available.
We’re here when you need us, and we’re here to help.
We have enabled a new feature on our patient portal that allows patients and caregivers to schedule sick appointments online!
What is appropriate to schedule via this online tool?
- Immediate, non-emergency illnesses or injuries: (new fever, sore throat, stomach bug, ear pain, mild injury that doesn’t need stitches or a cast)
- Short term flare-ups of chronic conditions (asthma flare, allergies, eczema, etc).
- Only for established patients who have been seen in past 3 years
What is NOT appropriate?:
- Chronic or long-term complicated issues: (chronic headache, chronic stomachaches, other chronic illnesses)
- Psychological or learning issues: (anxiety, depression, attention problems, behavior problems)
- Checkup visits
- Medication recheck visits (such as ADD recheck, anxiety medication recheck, etc).
- Emergencies, or visits that may need stitches or a cast
- New patients, or patients who have not been seen in past 3 years
(Appointments for the above problems can still be requested via a portal message, but will need the assistance of a receptionist to schedule to ensure they are done correctly.)
- Log into the patient portal
- Make sure you are in the chart of the child who needs the appointment – click on the drop-down on the upper left to switch between children.
- Click on the button.
- Click on the drop down shown below and pick “Sick Visit”
- In the screen that comes up, there will be drop-down options to filter by doctor and location. The provider drop-down will show only those doctors who your child has seen since switching to our new software, so to see all doctor options leave that as “No Preference.”
- Click on a date and time, add a description of the current problem to the Notes text box, then click Schedule Appointment.
Two large recalls are underway for some lots of Epipen/Epipen Jr and Ventolin HFA inhalers.
If you have one of these products at home, check the lot numbers against those in the linked recall notices. For both of these, only some lots are affected, and lots not on the recall lists are fine to continue using. If you’re not sure if your product was recalled, contact your pharmacy. If you need a new prescription to replace a recalled item, give us a call.
We know children don’t always get sick when it’s convenient. That why we help operate our Kids Time after-hours pediatric care centers. They’re staffed by genuine, board-certified pediatricians, and can help take care of the same acute illnesses we see in our offices—sore throats, fevers, coughs, and many other common complaints. The Kids Time sites take the same insurance as our offices do, often at the same co-pay (please call ahead to confirm the exact rates for your plan. A few plans insist you pay an urgent care co-pay, but most do not.)
Kids Time Alpharetta and East Cobb offices are open from 6-9pm during the week, and from 1-7pm on Saturday and Sunday. Typically the waiting times are short. For more information, visit www.kidstimepeds.com.
We’re hiring nursing staff! If you’re a friendly and computer-savvy RN, LPN, or MA looking for full-time or part-time, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to tell your friends. Thanks!
We’ve upgraded our free high-speed internet at both offices! Join the network “PedPhys Guest”, using password: vaccinessavelives (<– all one word, lower case).